Tuesday, July 21, 2009

TFS Scorecard released on Codeplex

Yesterday I released the TFS Scorecard project on codeplex. TFS Scorecard is a report with the goal to provide you insight in your TFS environment and your organizations Team System adaptation.

The TFS Scorecard actually started a long time ago, when I first saw Brian Harrys dogfooding posts on Microsoft Team System adaptation. I wanted to know what went on in my own backyard, and running Brian’s SQL queries was a good start. Later I came across a reporting services report made by Christian Nielsen as I upgraded it with the 2008 version of the queries.

Since then I have used the report internally and at different customers, running into new information needs and adding functionality along the way. It has helped me answer questions, motivating costs and activities and solving performance issues.

Moving the TFS Scorecard to Codeplex was made mainly to make it easily accessible for everyone. Have it helped me it could perhaps prove to be useful to others.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mattias

    Your report is really cool!

    I'm using SSRS 2008. When I tried to upload the report, it shows "The Value expression for the text box 憈xtGrpClient?has a scope parameter that is not valid for an aggregate function. The scope parameter must be set to a string constant that is equal to either the name of a containing group, the name of a containing data region, or the name of a dataset. (rsInvalidAggregateScope)".

    After I set the value of txtGrpClient to "=Fields!Shortname.Value", I was able to upload the report and view the rest data and chart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx, Glad you like it, and thanks for your help, both with the changeset/associated to workitem MDX query, and for dinding this bug.

    Ive fixed the issue and checked it in @ codeplex to be included in feature releases. SSRS 2008 users can download the changeset 25469 until next release

    ReplyDelete